Wednesday, February 9, 2011

T-shirt Quilt

I've been busy with so many projects this week. It's a wonder I can keep them all straight! I've gotten a few things listed on Etsy, and now I'm trying to work out everything else in chronological order. I was in a painting mood yesterday, so did that for a bit and put 3 paintings up for sale. Worked on the T-shirt quilt, now that's 90% done (we'll get to that in a moment.) I've only been back on Etsy for a few days and already have a custom order from someone I've never met! 24 Owl Pops for a baby shower. Awesome. I'm busting those out and plan to get them in the mail by Friday. Wish me luck. Also working on candy keys for another order. Those ones are just about done! I also purchased tons of fabric for ANOTHER custom order, this one for a real life friend! Quilted Alphabet squares to hang in her baby's room once he's born. The list keeps growing, but its making me feel really good about what I do!

Now, this is my second commissioned T-shirt Quilt since November. This one just needs the finishing touches, minor quilting to hold the layers together, some stitching around the edges for pretty's sake. It should be done by tonight for sure. Then it will be off to Ohio to its unsuspecting owner! Moms are cute when they sneak around to get their daughters really personal gifts. I'm glad I can help!

There were 20 T-shirts this girl had collected over her first 15 years of life:

This one was from her first xmas. It was sooo teeny tiny, I had to piece it out.
It turned out bigger than anticipated, which is great because it will definitely fit a twin or full sized bed!
The back has fun pink and purple polka dots all over:
Pretty excited to finish it up and send it off! But that has to wait until after class. Tonight we're making lunch boxes! I'll post pictures of that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment