Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Handmade Tags

I made a ton of bags for Christmas, and plan to make a ton more to put on Etsy, but what I lacked before were tags. Everything you buy has a tag on it for branding. That way you remember where you bought it, who made it, etc. The only problem is professional tags are a little pricey, and I'm broke. So, I made my own.
Thank goodness for fabric paint and rubber stamps.
 I brushed a thin layer of fabric paint onto the bottom of a yogurt cup for a stamp pad.

And stamped "Milly MEGA."
I stamped it a bunch of times, in different orientations, too.
Then hand painted all the little ampersands,

Cut them all apart,
 Then ironed them onto a backing piece of fabric with some fusible web to give them more strength.
 Now I can start branding my stuff. Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment