Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Paper Heart Garland

I've seen this all over the internet, so this is by no means my own idea. That doesn't make it any less cute, though! First, find yourself a slightly damaged sheet music book (or text book, map, phone book, card stock, whatever!) . I got mine years ago for a dollar.
Cut out a heart template from a cardboard box and trace it a bunch of times on particularly attractive bars.
Cut out all your hearts. I used 40 all together for my garland.
Group your hearts into stacks of two and get to sewing!
Carefully slide the next stack of two under your presser foot as soon as the first is finished- don't overlap, though!
Keep going until you run out of hearts.
Once they're all attached, its time to start folding.
Instead of keeping it flat, bend up two sections, one towards the front, and one towards the back.
And you're finished! Hang it up somewhere!
Easy peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment