Thursday, January 27, 2011

Small Project and Some Squirrels!

I've been wanting to make a sleep mask for a little while now, mainly for when I fly. So last night I finally did it!
Super simple, just 2 layers of fabric, some batting, elastic, and bias tape.
Of course I had to put Elvis on the outside,
And the other side is the same as the sheets on my bed.
I sewed it all in one go. It ended up a little wonky in some places since I was edging it as I fed it through the machine, but I can live with it. Now I can block out the light on my next flight, which is approaching really fast!
I made it kind of loose fitting because worse than waking up to light, is waking up with a headache from too-tight elastic!

Also, this morning on my way to work these guys stopped me:
I should point out right now that I love squirrels. A lot. They're so cute I can't hardly stand it.
Especially when they're fat!
And friendly! Yeah, that's my foot.
This guy was the best. I thought for sure he (she?) was going to climb up my boots!
Bye, friend! See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. You're adorable. Your mom told me you are, so you know its true.

    ReplyDelete